Saturday, February 14, 2015

Suffering an Enthusiasm Deficit

The title says it all, doesn't it? 
Sometimes it happens.  The good idea requires work and I'm feeling lazy.  So what am I to do?  Well, I took a few moments to see what I realistically expected out of myself.  There are factors to this little slow-down.  It's winter.  I have less quality writing time.  I seem to be a little less than 100% healthy. So okay.  Those are factors. 
Then I listed some potential solutions to these doldrums. 
I have accomplished quite a lot lately, so I gave myself some praise for that.  I also wondered if I was bored with my approach to writing.  Well, variety has always been the answer to boredom, so I generated a few new ideas to help me reach my writing goals. And I made some phone calls and sent a couple of emails to people I have neglected.  I took a nap.  I wrote this.  And then I felt a bit more enthusiasm.