are called to entertain and inform,
to lift the corner on the mask,
to pull back the blanket of denial,
and to uncover the kernel of truth
that otherwise would remain
in the shadows,
Links to Published Short Stories
- Otherwise Engaged
- The Hoarder Gene
- Laundry Day
- Paper Promises
- Not So Alone, Not So Crazy & Genealogy Peace
- Day Zero
- Bardo the Between
- 'Hyde & Sons' at Spadina Literary Review
- 'Memories by Design' at Black Dog Review
- 'Black Mirrors' at The Coachella Review (Blog)
- 'Afterimage' at Danforth Review
- 'The Tag' at Human Touch Journal Page 92
- 'Winter Count' at South 85 Journal
- 'On Behalf of Women' at Necessary Fiction
- 'The Audit' at Summerset Review
- 'The Woman's Battalion of Death' at Danforth Review
- 'Second Job' at Prairie Journal
- 'Flashover' at Necessary Fiction
- 'Gladiolas' at The Danforth Review
- 'Nothing in the Cupboard' at SNReview
- 'It's Not Natural' at SNReview
- 'On the Verge' at Pif Magazine
- 'Shaving Fate' at The Squawk Back
- 'Trumps A Spade' at Fiction 365
- Liz's Lymphedema Logbook
Sunday, October 6, 2019
This month I am instructing at a writer’s workshop. This isn’t something I sought but when the door opens and you’re asked to step through, it is time to say yes. I’m also collaborating with someone writing a book about obesity and the weight loss journey. This is another thing that arrived in my life rather unexpectedly but it seems the thing to do.
I've volunteered as a guest editor at 101 Words for another season. I helped out there last winter. It's a useful site for beginning writers - to read and to contribute. The editors are very helpful and so are the readers who post comments for each story. It's like a mini flash fiction coaching session. Oh. 101 words exactly and don't submit more than once every 7 days, we check.
I have found that I'm really not interested in blogging at the moment, so September's launch of Link and Read is now a once only deal.
I will be working with this blog so that I can link you to my published fictions. That's the main purpose of this blog, so back to the basics.
In the meantime, here are three links to stories published in 2019.
Day Zero at https://eunoiareview.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/day-zero/
Two flash fictions are featured at the next link.
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ee4c72_a392afa35a3147c6ac3eb0ff1daded76.pdf Genealogy Peace & Not so Alone, Not so Crazy. Page 1 and page 2 of Circle Show Winter/Spring 2019
And https://halfwaydownthestairs.net/2019/06/01/paper-promises-by-liz-betz/ is where you'll find my short story titled Paper Promises