In a little while, a pair of writers will celebrate a 20 year long association. That pair includes my very good friend Linda and myself.
How does 20 years go by so fast? One day at a time but also in a big blur of satisfying exchanges, help given and help offered, face to face and via emails. Oh my, the emails. They go back and forth almost daily. Writer's practice? Connections? Both.
Inspiration? Critical analysis (aka editing help)? Both.
In the spirit of inspiration, (and adding something to the blog) I offer these words from Robert Rauschenberg.
The first step is to see the possibilities of the material.
Writing advice? Yes.
Living advice? Yes.
To Linda who saw the possibilities of me becoming a writer.
Links to Published Short Stories
- Laundry Day
- Paper Promises
- Not So Alone, Not So Crazy & Genealogy Peace
- Day Zero
- Bardo the Between
- 'Hyde & Sons' at Spadina Literary Review
- 'Memories by Design' at Black Dog Review
- 'Black Mirrors' at The Coachella Review (Blog)
- 'Afterimage' at Danforth Review
- 'The Tag' at Human Touch Journal Page 92
- 'Winter Count' at South 85 Journal
- 'On Behalf of Women' at Necessary Fiction
- 'The Audit' at Summerset Review
- 'The Woman's Battalion of Death' at Danforth Review
- 'Second Job' at Prairie Journal
- 'Flashover' at Necessary Fiction
- 'Gladiolas' at The Danforth Review
- 'Nothing in the Cupboard' at SNReview
- 'It's Not Natural' at SNReview
- 'On the Verge' at Pif Magazine
- 'Shaving Fate' at The Squawk Back
- 'Trumps A Spade' at Fiction 365
- Liz's Lymphedema Logbook