Monday, December 2, 2013

The Squawk Back experience.

You may have noticed that my last posting had no link to the story I mentioned.  Link to Shaving Fate here. www.thesquawkback.com/2013_12_01_archive.html
On Friday I recieved notice that Shaving Fate had been accepted and then it proceeded to ask for certain things (like a bio) and to promise that I would have a say in the editing. On Saturday I received an e-mail that had the entire story, as I had written it.  No edits necessary apparently.  The editor's notes at the top said, "This is what is going live on Sunday." 
Then on Sunday the story is posted.  There is quite a bit of it that has been edited out.  It's not a bad job of editing, I have to admit that.  I might have even agreed to the edits, although they rip the tribute to my fellow writer completely out. 
My problem lies with the surprise element.  My second problem is that suddenly my e-mails to the editor are unanswered.  I guess the squawk back from me is 'Foul Ball'.